- Member of the Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education and the American Finance Association.
- Certified Educator in Personal Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism from the University of Southern Indiana.
- Professional journalist since 2014.
- Writer and researcher for StructuredSettlements.com since 2019.
- Has covered government regulations, municipal budgets, local elections and other aspects of policy reform and finance.
Rachel Christian is a professional journalist who has written for more than 10 newspapers and feature magazines in Central Florida and Southwest Indiana since 2014. As a reporter, she covered a range of topics, including business, local government, finance and education.
Rachel now contributes to StructuredSettlements.com, where she writes about fiscal planning and financial literacy.
She is a member of the Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education. In June 2021, she became a Certified Educator in Personal Finance with FinCert, a division of the Institute for Financial Literacy.
Throughout her professional career, Rachel has exhibited a consistent passion for enriching the lives of others through her work. Her full-time reporting positions produced in-depth analyses of municipal budgets, state legislative sessions and a 2019 proposal for a 1 percent tax increase in Osceola County, Florida.
Rachel was drawn to journalism because she wanted to help others make informed choices by providing them with valuable facts and context. She held leadership positions at her college newspaper and ultimately earned her bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Southern Indiana.
She also worked as a contributor for Evansville Business, a bi-monthly publication focused on major local financial developments and economic opportunities.
Her work breaks down complex financial, investment, taxation and legal topics and gives people information they can understand and apply to their daily lives.